Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Rush

Many people blog for numerous reasons; personal therapy, to keep in touch with others, academic discussion, political debate, etc. So far my blog has been dealing with a variety of issues, but now I am posting to relay some pieces of my life from the past month or so.

I am currently in my second year of graduate studies. With the change of season came a change schools for me. No longer do I call the Kentucky Bluegrass home. The sprawling Kentucky horse farms have been traded, after some 900 miles, for the 10.000 lakes of Minnesota, and a pair of cities straddling the Mississippi River. I bid farewell to Asbury Theological Seminary, Francis Asbury and his horse, and little John Wesley. I left David, Bill, Andrew, Brad, and the Shack. I grew in many ways in my year in Kentucky and I will always be thankful for the people that I met there and the memories that we made. Home is now a small dorm room at Luther Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota. I eat, sleep, and study in three adjacent buildings. Sometimes during the early evening one can catch a beautiful sunset with the Minneapolis skyline in the foreground, someday I hope to capture some of it with a picture. Here are two photos of my past and current domains:

The Old Home: Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY


The New Home: Luther Seminary, St. Paul, MN

My new home is my first experience living in a major city, or in this case, cities. St. Paul and Minneapolis are full of opportunities that I am looking forward to exploring.

In my next few posts I will be examining Christianity and capitalism, the "problem of evil," and some texts from the Hebrew Bible.

No comments: